Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Aviation disasters

2014 will surely be remembered as one year of aviation misfortunes, with Malaysian Airline and Malaysia being the focus. With MH370 still fresh on people's mind, the world saw the MH17 and the Taiwanese plane disasters within a week from each other.

Life is unpredictable and probabilities are just theory in the face of the randomness of life.

As someone who travels much on the plane, I do have some concerns for myself. But many a times I can plan out the scenarios in my head and the many times I told myself to be zen about this, it is my human nature to be fearful. Yet I must be thankful for all I had. In this infinite world, my finite experiences and relationships have given me infinite gratitudes and thanks.

While we pray for the families and friends for the unfortunates, we must reach out even more fervently to our own families and friends. To quote my older relatives (and please say it in Cantonese): Kum yat mm ji Teng yat see (今天不知明天事).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment